Saturday, May 8, 2010

The 'Pot Maker' in Action!


We blogged a while ago about our fondness for a little gizmo called the 'Pot Maker'. Well, here it is in action: loaded with some blue pumpkin seeds and watermelon seeds. We find this works really well for those things that are brittle and do not take to transplanting well. A number of people have asked if they disintegrate or fall apart, if we tape them together or add a dab of glue. The answer is no; we just roll them up, fold over the substantial bottom and crease it well in the base. We don't have a lot of trouble with them disintegrating, a few may implode at planting time but we just scoop them up and keep planting. On the whole, they work really well, and instead of buying peat pots we're re-using newspapers!

3 comments:

  1. They're so cute! Glad to know everything is "potting" along!!

    Keltie

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhhh YES! I promised myself last year that I wouldnt use peats again and guess what.... I TOTALLY DID.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 'Pot Maker' is awesome - and I love that we're using newspaper. I think Lee Valley in Winnipeg has it Prairie Chicken!

    ReplyDelete