Word came this afternoon that our Earth Day celebrations may be canceled. Scheduled, well, re-scheduled for Sunday, May 1st, Mother Nature seems to have decided to rain and perhaps snow for the next twenty four to thirty six hours. Oh, good! Driving into Brandon today I noticed that the flood waters have seeped past the barricade on 1st Street, just north of the bridge. Rain is not really what we need right now! Stay tuned, we should know whether Earth Day will proceed by Saturday night and we'll post it right away.