Monday, July 8, 2013

Local Perfume!

We're really excited about this: we'll be offering locally crafted perfume at the Global Market, along with our soaps and natural skin care.  Not local essences, sorry to say, but essential oils from around the world formulated into unique colognes here in Brandon!

The colognes are the work of our friend and CSA member John.  It's something he's been working on for a long time.  So far, he's introduced two: Dauntless is essential oils of Lime, Lavender and Vanilla with a 'spicy base' of Patchouli, Cinnamon and Frankincense.  Memories of Earth is a woody perfume with Patchouli, Cinnamon and Sandalwood with a 'sweet wrapping' of Ylang Ylang.  They are both lovely and quite unisex!  We'll have sample bottles of the market, for you to try the fragrances.  Pictured are John's limited edition, hand-made copper bottles.  There is only one of each copper bottle per cologne.

John is working on other goodies.  He's also been playing with distilling his own, locally sourced essences!  Essential oil of saskatoon?  How about wild plum?  It will be interesting to see what he comes up with over the summer!  He'll be opening an Etsy shop which will be called CyborgianSecrets!  Come check it out at the Global Market; we're there Fridays 4 - 8 PM and Saturday mornings 9 AM to 1 PM!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the surprising post! I read all your blog posts sooner or later.

    My Etsy page is up and running:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CyborgianSecrets

    If someone could personally source me an abundance of Local herbs and spices, I'll see what I can produce with it. I've been keeping my eye out for Oak moss this year, no luck yet.

    As for the Oil of Saskatoon? Technologically possible I suppose, but if the raspberries from last years CSA are any indication; I have trouble as I fathom, "how could the yummy berries avoid the stomach". We'll see.

    ReplyDelete